Since my teenager years I have always been interested in my skincare regime. I ventured into the beauty industry before my makeup artistry studies which helped me thoroughly understand how the skin works and what it needs.
Looking after your skin is essential, not only to have healthy radiant skin but also gives you a flawless base for your foundation. This is a factor that most women and men don’t understand. Do you ever question “why is my foundation not lasting”?. Makeup needs a fresh clean base, to adhere the products.
The skin constantly produces new cells but as we get older the process slows down so we need to work with our skin and give it some help. A build up of cells on the skin can give a rough texture with a flakey appearance. For radiant glowing skin new fresh cells are needed on the top layer of the skin.
First of all know your skin type, there are so many skincare products out there to suit each type of skin. Believe it or not using the wrong products for your skin can be more damaging then not using any products at all. Skincare products do not have to be expensive. I have found some great high street brands that work wonders so search around, boots do fantastic ranges suitable for all ages and price range.
- Bin the face wipes – Please do not use wipes to cleanse your face everyday. Wipes are too abrasive for the skin and do not give the skin a deep cleanse.
- Cleanse -cleansing the skin will remove dirt on the surface of the skin. Cleansing the skin should be done twice daily every morning and evening. Cleansers come in many different forms lotions, creams, balms and oils.
- Toning- Helps tighten the skin and pores, removes trace of any cleanser on the skin and refreshes the skin. Use every morning and evening.
- Exfoliate- Helps to remove dead skin cells. Exfoliation should be done twice a week for oily skin and once a week for normal to dry skin.
- Mask- Helps penetrate the skin with ingredients suitable for the skin type. Apply once a week.
- Serum – serums are lighter in texture than moisturisers but contain more active ingredients. More suitable for mid twenties upwards. I wouldn’t recommend for teenage skin. Apply only every evening.
- Moisturiser -Helps keep the skin soft and hydrated and acts as a barrier to protect the skin. Apply every morning and evening.
- Eye cream- Helps keep the eyes hydrated apply every morning and evening around the eye socket.
- Spf – Apply every morning
Hope this helps