Every bride wants to look radiant on their wedding day, where good make-up is a must to cover imperfections and create a flawless makeup look. However, sometimes layers of foundation just does not cut it. A good make-up application requires a healthy canvas to create a picture perfect look for your big day. Here is a few tips to help develop glowing skin for your big day!
We all have heard that drinking water is the key for clear skin so now its time to follow through! It will not happen over night so start 6 months before the date to ensure your skin is glowing and eyes sparkling on the day.Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily to help your skin and body get rid of toxins. Water will keep your skin hydrated which will help reduce wrinkles and dry flaky skin. It also helps in blood circulation which will give your skin the glow you want for your wedding day.
I know it sounds boring right? Exercise will make you feel better and have more energy. I am well aware that it is a struggle to get up off the sofa, especially on these cold winters evenings, but I always feel great after a 30 minute walk and have so much more energy its amazing. Exercise will improve over all health conditions, help control weight balance, improves your mood by stimulating brain chemicals that makes you feel happy and boosts confidence. Oxygen levels are increased which deliver nutrients to your muscles and skin. Exercise is proven to help us sleep better which they say we need 6-8 hours minimum a night and it is meant to improve life in the bedroom department. Overall, its beneficial and doesn’t cost anything so it’s a win all around.
Skincare Use a brand that suits you, what works for me might not benefit you. Try products a few months before your wedding date to see what brand suits you, do not change a week before the date incase of an allergic reaction which would be a nightmare.
- Cleanse– Cleansing is perhaps the easiest, least expensive and most important element of maintaining healthy skin. It is the building block of a healthy skin care regime. Cleansing removes excess oil and impurities from your skin and helps improve its health and radiance. Cleansing also helps prepare your skin for the other steps in your skin care program. Choose a suitable cleanser to suit your skin type.
- Toner-Toning is an important second step that completes the cleansing process, yet many people choose to leave this step out. Toning should be considered an important part of the cleansing process. Toner will remove any remaining bits of oil, dirt and debris left behind by the cleanser. More importantly, toner will help soothe, nourish and hydrate the skin while restoring its pH balance.
- Moisturiser– Moisturising forms a barrier between the skin and environmental conditions, helping to form a fine, protective layer that enables the skin to retain the moisture it requires. Choose a moisturiser that suits your skin type, moisturiser come in two forms: liquid and cream. Rich, liquid and cream moisturiser take care of dry and wrinkled skin. Water-based, oil free moisturizer works best for oily skin. Our skin at night replenish itself so it is most important to apply a good moisturiser at night. Coconut oil is a good product that will not cost you a fortune.
- Exfoliate– Exfoliate your face once or twice a week depending on the oil content in your skin, it will help remove dead skin cells and help cell generation.
- Masks– use a mask to suit your skin type , masks will help soothe, mositurise and help improve radiance.
Facials-I recommend Each bride to go for a course of facial treatments, once every 6 weeks coming up to the big day. I would again advise not having a facial the week of your wedding date as you can never be too safe and we don’t want to have a swollen bride on the day.
I recommend the Guinot Hydradermie2 I treat myself every 6 weeks and I notice such a difference. Check out Sam McCauley Website for more Details and Bookings
Food- Healthy eating is hard I admit but it’s all about balance! We all like to indulge in a bar of chocolate once in a while but moderation is the key. Eat lots of fruit (especially watermelon), veg and fish are excellent food sources for glowing radiant skin also.
Hope you enjoy your special day!
Melissa Clarke xx